Re: Rod length

To: Carmods@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rod length
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 12:10:12 -0700

Carmods@aol.com wrote:

> It's all part of a system! Longer rod to stroke ratios reduce forces on rods,
> pistons, bearings, cranks and blocks thereby allowing lighter rods, lighter
> pistons, smaller bearings, lighter block structure and higher RPM capability
> if you like. This all adds up to more HP/Lb and higher MPG.
> John Logan

But John,

They used heavier rods (thicker section/longer), standard bearing sizes, same
weight block structure.  I'll give you lighter pistons, which makes sense about
reducing loads and inertia of reciprocating mass.

 UNLESS you are talking about the design of a NEW engine, with a NEW block
design.
Then this is not the subject of this thread about mods to stock engines, and the
choices of
bore/stroke ratios depend upon a lot of application design requirements, etc.

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >

                         _/