San Diego residents

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: San Diego residents
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:56:40 -0500
Hey, folks:

I just wanted to take a moment and share something with you all from San
Diego.  I was in your city back in June, the 18th through the 23rd, I
believe.  Unfortunately, it was strictly business, although a couple of
rounds of golf got crammed in between the meetings and such.  For this or
that reason, I never took the time to post this until now.  I just wanted
to pass along to you all that San Diego was very, very impressive to me.  I
thoroughly enjoyed my stay and, of course, the weather was unbelievable.
What's more, I never encountered a sour-faced person during my entire stay.
 Everyone had a great attitude and seemed to be enjoying themselves.  On
Sunday, the 21st, my boss and I missed our ride back to the hotel after our
golf game and we were completely astounded when another golfer from the
local area offered us a ride back to our hotel.  He said it wasn't too far
out of his way, but we were nonetheless impressed.  I even offered to pay
him for his trouble but he wouldn't hear of it.  As I said, very
impressive.

My only regret of the entire trip was that I didn't get a chance to look
anyone up who is on this list.  I sure would have liked to have met all of
you guys and seen your cars.  All I could think about during my off time
there was driving my Tiger or Alpine with the top down in the wonderful
weather (BTW, when we got back home to Okla City, the temperature was
105...talk about blast furnace!!!).  One of these days, I hope to get back
to the San Diego area, this time with my girl friend on a real vacation.

Oh well, I just wanted to pass this along to you guys.   You have something
to be real proud of out there.  I would like to also say that if any of you
are ever coming to or through the OKC area at any time, please e-mail me in
advance and I would be happy to meet you somewhere and show you around...in
either the Tiger or the Alpine!

Take care,
Andy Walker
B382001600