a) Project finished b) Time c) End of Season

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: a) Project finished b) Time c) End of Season
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 07:17:23 -0500
a) I made the Jack-o-LATern last night; thanks to all of you who sent me
tiger's-head images to trace. Darn thing took over 2 hours and I broke
one of my micro-saws. After blowing up the image to, say, around 9
inches long, I taped it over the pumpkin and started punching holes to
transfer the pattern. They provide a tool for this but I found a pin
vise with a tiny drill bit installed was easier to hold. I did have to
modify the image somewhat or a few of the "stripes" would have been
trying to float in mid-air. I should be able to take photos this
afternoon and get an image to e-mail to Mark Olson for posting to the
Tiger website in time for Halloween, if anyone's interested.

b) Well, it's mid-October, and 1999 is just around the corner. Like most
of you, I'll need a calendar; unlike most of you, I have a warehouse
full of them right here-- none with car pictures. As in years past, I'm
curious about the availability of car calendars. Preferably, some
Sunbeam club or parts supplier has one for next year already offered,
but I haven't heard about it; have you? Or perhaps for some other
_interesting_ marque (Elva yes, Devin yes, Buick no, etc.). If I had the
computer skills (but, alas, I don't), I'd like to duplicate Kevin Meek's
efforts for our 1996 (?) calendar right here on the List, but perhaps
with a twist. I'm looking at a calendar given to me with wildlife
pictures. Each month is printed on a 5-1/2"h X 4-11/16"w light card,
with the top half having the picture. To display on a desk top, you use
a jewel case for a compact disk, flipped inside out (wow, you always
knew there'd be a use for those, didn't you?), and stack the cards
inside. Just a thought.

c) After United XX,  and then a local car show last weekend, I'm
thinking about winding up the Tigering season. Just found out that
there's an informal car gathering at a local restaurant Thursday nights,
and I might go this Thursday. But the daily high temperature is expected
to be 53 degrees (No, I won't put the top up.). So, the Garage Queen
will be living up to her name once again. My planned winter car project
will be to go through the suspension, as right now I dare not drive the
car much harder than the neighborhood Good Humor wagon. Planned are rear
Spax (already have the fronts), Poly/Delrin throughout, Mr. Walters'
traction arm, increasing the size of the front sway bar and _perhaps_
adding a rear one, 4-wheel discs, and rebuild the rear axle/diff with
limited slip, staying with 2.88 gears. Susan says it's a go to do all
this, amazingly. I've saved 1.7 gazillion pages of tech hints and
sources from the List, but expect lots of questions.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com