Stop that!

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stop that!
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 07:05:13 -0500
Rich Atherton wrote:
*"Prince of Darkness comes to visit during the night.  Car won't start
next
*moring.  Lose a turn"

That's a keeper! At least a couple of us are getting into the spirit of
the concept.

Jeff Barsness wrote:
*Not to get religious here, but I think it is referring to Jesus.

Wrong List. We _do_ have lots of pontificating, though.

Tim Jordan wrote:
*Tom,
*The quick and detailed response about your trip back to Maryland for
Tigers
*United speaks volumes.

Huh? Could some of that waft over to this side of the country? I'm
pretty sure I'd have noticed had such a posting surfaced on our list;
could it be re-sent?

Ramon wrote:
*So, you come along and tell people that the basic configuration of the
*stock brakes is not safe

And if they were that bad, 80% of the remaining Tigers today would be in
need of a front clip. I want to believe you, Ramon; I know you use your
brakes harder, and many times more often, than I do. Subjectively,
though, my Toyota _truck_ stops faster (don't work the brakes on either
vehicle lately hard enough to experience fade). Hey, does anyone have a
copy of the Brooklands portfolio handy, the magazine reprints, with
braking distances listed for Sunbeams that we could compare to other
cars? As a baseline, you see. Might get the discussion out of the is-so/
is-not / is-so / is-not mode.

Community Chest card reads: "Order a set of killer cross-drilled
carbon-fiber rotors from D_____ A____, only to find they only fit
spindles from a Borgward Kombi. Find the last set at swap meet, ante up
$850."

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP