More questions on rear suspension!

Subject: More questions on rear suspension!
From: "Warwick Jones" <tigers@warwick.powernet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:17:10 -0000
Hi all,

Theo Smit wrote
"A Mumford link is a locating device that uses a couple of bellcranks (and
push/pull rods) to create a virtual pivot point, which you can then raise or
lower to tune the car's oversteer/understeer" and "Hopefully this drawing
will help to explain matters."

Thanks for the explanation and diagram Theo, I still think (as with the
watts linkage installations I have seen) it would require the removal of the
spare wheel well in the boot (sorry trunk!?) floor, something I was not
really considering at this desktop study stage!

On a slightly different subject, has anyone tried using a quad shock setup
to reduce spring wind up and axle tramp, as developed by Chevrolet, placing
one shock in front of the axle and one shock behind, with the aim of
reducing / eliminating torsional rotation of the axle which results in
tramping or power hop?

Regards

Warwick Jones
UK