Traction bars

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Traction bars
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 19:26:22 -0800
Trying to figure out what kind/brand of traction bars are on my car.  They
are definitely not what is pictured on pages 62-63 in the Book of Norman as
Traction Masters.

On mine, the traction rod is threaded on each end.  On the back end a big
bolt goes in the end of the traction rod and connects the rod to the pad
that attaches to the axle U bolts.  On the front, there is another bolt that
goes in the end of the traction rod and connects the rod to a pad which is
welded to the frame adjacent to the front spring attach point.  The forward
1/3 of the traction rod is a smaller diameter than the rear 2/3's.

Anyone know where these are from?

I seem to remember a post last year that mentioned that someone in the
Pacific Tiger Club (Washington?) was selling traction bars.   Know anything
about that?

Thanks for the help.

Dave