Re: Roll Me Over

To: John Crawley <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Roll Me Over
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 07:57:28 -0800

John Crawley wrote:

> I agree that the bumper bolts are not the strongest place to attach
> anything - probably including the bumper. If you ever take this assembly
> apart you will find that the captive nuts are held in with about 4 spot
> welds two of which probably missed completely.
> Godspeed
> Jc

John,

You actually have bumper bracket nuts? They are actually welded somewhere?
Must have been done by PO.  Rootes just don't do that sort of nonsense.

Found out the hard way when trying to remove my starter solenoid that the
non captive nuts on the other side of the firewall, under the dash and
behind the foot support, need a small English boy to hold a "King Dick" on
to the nut to allow the Master Mechanic to remove the bolt from the other
side.

Now that's more typical.

{9->

Steve