Clutch Master

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clutch Master
From: "W John Gardiner" <johngard@vianet.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 21:56:29 -0500
Greetings

My clutch master cylinder has been leaking for a while. One of the items one
my winter projects list is to order a repair kit from SS and rebuild. I got
it out of the Tiger today and following the service manual I started to
disassemble it. I got the circlip out and the pushrod and dished washer
easily came free. Now the manual states. "When the push rod has been removed
the plunger with seals attached will the be exposed." Well, I can see the
end of the plunger. Now it says "Remove the plunger assembly complete." This
has got me stuck. I can push on the end of the plunger and it goes in
easily. When I release pressure, it snaps back to its original position with
only the end of it showing. There is nothing to grab to pull it out. Has
anyone been able to get the plunger out of their clutch master cylinder? Is
it possible?

John