RE: inquiry 112398b

To: "'Doug Mallory'" <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Subject: RE: inquiry 112398b
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 12:09:49 -0600

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333

* -----Original Message-----
* From: Doug Mallory [mailto:rdmallory@earthling.net]

Thanks for the feedback.

* "Wright, Larry" wrote:
* > III) Rear springs                       Dale? CAT?              ??
* I had new top leafs made for my stock springs. I had the small eye
* put on both ends placing the front eye under the spring thus reducing
* under steer. $25-30 each

??? I'm trying to visualize. Er, this effectively put the front of the
spring somewhat closer to the underside of the car?

* > IV) oversized front swaybar     ??                      ??
* J C Whitney - They are Addco bars and use Dales mounts.

Oh, no! It took years, but I finally got _off_ their mailing list!  :-)
What diameter are you using?

* > XI) new rear 2.88 gears         ??                      ??
* 2.88 is not for Auto + go at least 3.35 $150

Automatic? Oh, Auto _cross_! Gotcha. Yeah, it's silly; but I'll stay
w/2.88's.

* > 5) What kind of Mangafluxing
* You can buy a die kit for about $100 fro the large items and
* do it your
* self.

I _like_ the idea of DIY; I wonder where I'd find such a kit. Eastwoods?

* > 6) The "locking" nuts on the ends of the fulcrum pins don't feel
* I used AN nuts and drilled for safety wire on EVERY THING I did not
* want to fall off. ( this was a B@#ch on the front suspension bolts)

I reckon I shouldn't be too spooked about drilling holes in the fulcrum
pins, out there at the tips.

* > 7) Repeat question: how about ditching the front disc dust shields?
* I cleaned mine up powder coated them and put them in a box.

No side effects? Good!