Re: Hard top storage ideas?

To: "Kevin Meek" <kevnmeek@netcom.com>, <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Hard top storage ideas?
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:06:09 -0800
    When I had my Alpine, I stored the hard top from the ceiling up die down
and it hung from the front latches, and the rear positioners.  I don't
remember now how my dad and I attached it to the rear positioners, but it
worked well. Top always had the correct shape when I put it on, and it was
dust free as well, since we had a plastic sheet over it that covered up the
inside of the top.
    Durring day to day storage, I just used to set carefuly on the back edge
and leaned it against the wall.  being big (6'4" and 280 at that time), I
was able to just grab the top at each window opening, lift it up, and carry
it over to the car (previously opened door), and step in line up the rear
positioners, and set it in place all in a one man operation.  Snap X 4, and
off I go !!

    Well, that's how it was some twenty years ago.....and hopefully ...again
some day.  Youhave no idea how bad I want another Alpine again....just can't
find the time or the money at the moment to get one...Still looking
however....if the dream machine comes along...I'll find a way....May cost me
a divorce, but I'll have my car again..    8-)

Rich