RE: Hard top storage ideas?

To: "Kevin Meek" <kevnmeek@netcom.com>, <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Hard top storage ideas?
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:52:03 -0800
Kevin,

I have my hardtop conveniently secluded in the garage above the car.  Simply
put together a system of block and tackle, a frame from which a length of
conduit for holding the front and two hooks to hold the back of the hardtop.
Works quite nicely attached to one of the roof rafters.  Also, it is easy to
take off and on the car as it is simply a matter of removing the rope from
the cleat and raising or lowering the top on and off the car.  The "block
and tackle" (light duty,) arrangement was used to eliminate twisting as one
raises and lowers the top.  Seems to work fine and stays up there without a
hitch.

Only problem is that I don't have it suspended high enough.  When I take the
car out to use my table saw, I invariably run into the top with my head at
least once.  Fortunately, it's my head rather than something I could really

Regards,

Allan