Re: IRS and Satch the Jailbird

To: FRANK_BONIFAZI@HP-FtCollins-om4.om.hp.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: IRS and Satch the Jailbird
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 22:50:06 EST
In a message dated 11/28/98 7:14:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
FRANK_BONIFAZI@HP-FtCollins-om4.om.hp.com writes:

<<  I just read that article myself.  It also states that the new IRS for
      the '99 COBRA will work with "older Mustangs" as well.  Maybe its just
      as easy as calling the local Ford dealer for what they mean by "old". >>

One other item regarding the new IRS. The center case is made of aluminum and
is already catching attention as a possible weak link in the overall design.
But, if Ford feels it can live behind a 350hp (or whatever the number ends up
being) 4 cam, it probably wouldn't be too stressed behind most Tiger motors.
The aftermarket is already gearing up with stronger replacements.
Also, the rear track has been widened on the new Mustangs. Fitting underneath
a Tiger becomes less likely. I guess since the assembly will physically match
up with the hard points on the SN-95, it is classified as a "bolt-in".
Mike