Vin Plate Results

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Vin Plate Results
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:58:20 -0500
     Relax guys, I didn't wire brush it.  I got to thinking about it on the
     way home, and had a better idea.

     I took some Simichrome, the metal polish, and a paper towel, and was
     able to precisely polish away the previous owner's black paint (NOT my
     Imron, Al).  All of the lettering underneath was revealed and is
     readable.  It looks great, with a little patina left.

     It probably took less than an hour.  I had looked in Norm's book so I
     knew where the lettering should be.  I did just a small section at a
     time.  I did discover a line of text along the bottom that wasn't in
     any of Norm's photos, but my car is newer than those.

     Anyway, the radiator is in, the hoses are on, and there's just a few
     more things to fiddle with before the test cruise.  I already told my
     boss he won't be able to find me this afternoon.  It could approach 70
     F here (MA) today, but it goes downhill into the 40's tomorrow.

     Stu