Bead blasting engine parts (was: RE: Paint Removal)

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bead blasting engine parts (was: RE: Paint Removal)
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:27:56 -0700
Years ago one of the local ice racers prepped an engine by beadblasting the
inside of the block, supposedly to remove casting burrs and to improve the oil
drainback. They subsequently wiped out three sets of cranks, bearings, pistons,
etc. as the sand found its way out of the oil passages. Make really, really sure
that all of the grit is gone from your engine parts before you assemble
anything.

Theo