What is that stuff?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What is that stuff?
From: "JR Carter" <rising_tiger@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 13:00:05 PST
Excuse me if this is a duplicate.  Sent a message yesterday and didn't
see it posted on the list.

I'm stripping my dash and having no success w/ the paint/varnish
removers that I've used so far.  I've tried Kleen Strip & Bix.  What is
the finish?  Is it not a Laquer or Varnish?  Could it be a resin?

I reviewed the tech tip on the Tiger Website but the focus is to sand
the old finish.  I've had bad luck sanding finishes off of veneer so I'd
like to strip if possible.  There is a postscript from a guy who
restores Jags and he references "Dad's Easy Spray".  Can't seem to find
that at the local hardwares.

Anyway, I'm looking towards the list since I'm sure someone else has had
a similar experience.  Any suggestions on what will strip this stuff are
appreciated.  Send replies to my e-mail.  I'm on the digest and won't
receive till tomorrow if posted to the list.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Rgs,

JCarter
rising_tiger@hotmail.com