Springs

To: "Tiger Questions" <tigers@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Springs
From: "Mike Burd" <mikeburd@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:20:07 -0600
I am finishing a project someone else started. They obtained front springs
for it that are a much heavier coil but the same outside diameter. The
spring length on the bench is almost 3 inches shorter than what the manual
says is the correct length for stock springs. The previous owner says he was
told, where he purchased them in England, that the originals were soft and
with the 302 these stronger springs would make it handle better but have
little effect on the handling. Does anyone have any experience with these
heavier shorter springs. Will it effect the height of the car?I don't mind
it a little harder ride but my wife and I plan on traveling in the car and I
don't want any complaints. Thanks Mike  mikeburd@msn.com