Oil Leak

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Leak
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:52:42 EST
I had the same thing happen to  me near Richmond, IN on a Sunday
morning.  It let go as I was on the merge lane of an on ramp.  I
managed to get back to a gas station.  Then walked down to the
Farm & Fleet Coop and purchased a brass plug.  Unscrewed the
fitting to the engine  (yes its toasty warm), inserted plug, checked
for leaks, and hit the road.  It  was a weird feeling driving the 250 mi
back to Chicago with the pressure guage at zero.

I think the design life of the black plastic oil line is here.  I recommend
to fellow owners that the carry the brass plug in the glove box next to
the braker booster bypass.

CAT had a good Tech Tip on how to renew the plastic line.  But I replaced
the line with their stainless steel line.  I know its not stock but my car
while very original can't compete with the big buck restorations.  The CAT
line went it without a hitch.