Re: Kamm Tail

To: Tim Jordan <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Subject: Re: Kamm Tail
From: Timothy Obrien <vbob@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:29:23 -0800 (PST)
Perhaps an interesting book for all of you interested would be...

Race Car Vehicle Dynamics
By William F Milliken Jr.
and
Douglas L Milliken

SAE Bookstore

http://www.sae.org/PRODSERV/books/R-146.htm

Looks like a good historical reference as well as a bible for you all
doing your own design work.

The only thing I knew about Kammm involved Vega wagons (Kamm Backs).

tim

BTW.. It looks like his work was primarily pre WW2.

Not implemented till later.

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Tim Jordan wrote:

> Tigers,
> Was there a Mr. Kamm?  Did the Kamm tail make its debut in 1964 at Lemans
> or was it used earlier?  Did Lister work with a design from Mr. Kamm or
> were they "winging it"?  Daytona Coupes, Ferrari 512, Porshe 917 and others
> were developed in 1964 or later.  Any marques use the Kamm earlier?
>
> Tim

tim vb-o'brien

vbob SJ,CA
'66 Alpine Series V B395002095