RE: New To List!

To: "Mark Radelow" <radelow@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: New To List!
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:23:47 -0800
Mark,

Welcome to the list.  You have indeed found an excellent resource for
expanding your knowledge and a bit of fun and games as well.

I am in San Diego too, along with a few other Tiger owners.  The only cars I
know of that are available right now all need LOTS of work, and they are not
cheap.  When I say LOTS of work, I mean primarily that the parts are all
there but they really need a total restoration. Will keep you posted if I
run across anything like what it appears you are looking for.

Be aware of frauds however.  One gentleman I know of wanted a Tiger so badly
that he traded his pristine AH Bugeye Sprite ($20K invested) and about
$10-12K cash for a "completely restored Tiger".  Bought it from a local
"classic car" dealer here in town.  Turns out the car is a fake....an
"Alger"  They guy is needless to say, not very pleased.  A friend of mine
tells me that this particular "dealer" is notorious for turning out several
"pristine" fake Tigers every year.

Hope this helps.  Welcome to the list.  Seek expert advice when buying a
Tiger.  No, I am not that expert.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373