Re: Brake Booster Testing

To: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Booster Testing
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 21:30:15 -0500
At 11:27 AM 1/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a reasonable out-of car method for testing brake
>booster units? I there a home bench method? Is this something that a
>well set up commercial auto maintenance place...garage, dealer etc...can
>do without a great deal of fuss?
>
>Anyone gone this route, rather than installing it (them) in your car,
>only to find that they are not working.
>
>John Slade
              A long time ago-( 1963) I was in the business of rebuilding
power brake units.  We had a test bench that checked for vacumn
leaks and several gauges that tested for hydralic pressure and for leaks.
Each type/model of power brake unit had a specific test setup and
values to pass or fail.  So I assume that if you can find a place that
rebuilds power brake units ( not necessarly your local gas station)
then you may be able to con then in to running a test.  Good luck.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others