Dual Master Cylinder

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Dual Master Cylinder
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:13:16 -0500
Folks,
        While I have my Tiger apart I decided to change to a dual
master cylinder.  I have it installed, but have yet to hook up
the new brake lines.   I am conserned that my logic on hydralics
may be flawed.
        Assuming that the bore of the dual master cylinder is
the same as the original Tiger and the peddle linkage is the
same as the original Tiger:

         Will I require 2X the peddle pressure or the same peddle
 pressure as the original Tiger,  given the same braking quanity?

       Consider:
         The Tiger master cylinder pushed on 4 wheel cylinders with
one piston.
          The new master cylinder will push on 2 wheel cylinders with
each piston.

  The dual cylinder is inline.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others