Re: Conversion Talk

To: BlueGolfer@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Conversion Talk
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:50:15 EST
In a message dated 2/3/99 4:02:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, BlueGolfer@aol.com
writes:

<<  Honda sportscar? Normally most Hondas rate a yawn with me, but
 >  the specs on this one are impressive. The car is rear wheel drive with a
 >  five speed. The 2 liter 4 cyl. is rated at 240 HP!
 >  OK, who's going to be first in line at the wrecking yard when one of these
 >  gets totaled? Can you imagine an all aluminum engine like this swapped
into
 >  an LBC? A Hopine that'll kick butt! >>
I don't know what you would call it, but it sure would be entertaining. Not
cheap, though. By the time you buy the wiring harness, computer, etc. it would
be a very expensive proposition. I still think the best Alpine conversion
would be either a strong 13b rotary (see Rob Guerra's example!) or a twin-cam
Toyota 2.0, either of which can be tweaked to 220-240hp for not too much $$.
Coupled with a direct-top 5spd., you have a car that will kick most Tiger's
butts all over the place...
Mike Wood
B382002273