Alloy wheels

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alloy wheels
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 21:29:38 -0500
When I bought my Tiger, there were two sets of alloy wheels included in
the package in addition to the normal steel wheels which were on the
car.
I don't know much about alloy wheels for Tigers, and I wonder if anyone
has experience with either or both of these types.

First, there were 5 Ford rims, 5 1/2J x 13, which appear from the
markings to have been made in 1974. There are a number of different
markings on the inside in various places...."K.A.2", "F-D",
"INSP/WD042", "L", "2", "74", "HT 7 L 74". Nothing that I would
recognise as a stock number.

Second, there were 4  ET IV 13 x 5.50

I also got a box of assorted spacers ranging from 1/16" to 1/4", all
with the correct hub bolt pattern, plus chromed nuts for each set, and 8
hexagonal hub stud extenders (hex section about 1 1/4" long). The ET's
also had chromed "oval" inserts for the wheels to produce the correct
bolt pattern.

Is either of these sets useful or recommended for the Tiger? I know from
a trial fit that the Ford rims need close to 1/4" spacers on the front
hubs to allow them to sit properly, but have not yet tried the rims on
the rear. Any and all observations would be welcomed.