Re: Dropping the motor out the botom

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dropping the motor out the botom
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 21:12:13 -0800
At 11:20 PM 2/7/99 -0500, DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:
>Bob
>
>How do I work the spell checker.  I know how in Word etc
>but my AOL doesn't indicate how.  Any tips.
>
>My Commodore 128 suffered the same spelling problems.

Dave,

Yeh, and my chalk and slate had the same problem too. My guess is you're
probably still using AOL 3.0 (or 2.0?). Anyway, download AOL 4.0 (keyword
"upgrade" or "update" or such), or maybe you can pick it up on one of the
free CD-ROMs they have a computer stores, etc. Anyway, in 4.0, your e-mail
has a radio button marked "ABC". That's the spell checker. Of course, you
realize the problem with using a spell checker is that it just removes the
distractions and makes the more serious grammatical errors more noticeable.
Also, bad spelling is de rigor on this list anyway. I try and throw some in
from time to time myself.

Bob
Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com