inquiry 021199c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 021199c
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:48:33 -0500
Bill Rogers wrote:
>Now for the question.  What is the best way to clean the terminals on
the
>wiring harness?  Has anyone used something like silver dip with a water
>rinse?  Any suggestions?
        I've had good luck with a spray contact cleaner I picked up at a
local electronics-hobby surplus store; they also sold me a spray
"preservative and conductivity enhancer". A handy, and cheap, tool for
getting to hard to reach areas, like the inside of "female" end bullet
connectors, is a pipe cleaner; they sell 'em in packs at craft stores
and, I suppose, tobbaconists. What _didn't_ work for me was when I cut
off a short length of pipe cleaner and chucked it up in the Dremel tool;
they just didn't hold up under the RPM's.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com