Re: Windshields

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshields
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 07:56:31 -0800
>BTW:  My son, who bought one from VB found the glass thinner
>than stock, and wouldn't fit the rubber correctly.  The
>rubber itself was none too good either.

Just a point of clarification:  I bought my windshield from CAT about 5
years ago now.  I was told that ALL of the new glass is slightly thinner
than stock and that all of the glass, whether from CAT, SS or VB came from
one place in South Africa.  I did have trouble with the rubber and the
stainless - the stainless would not rest where it used to.  In fact, I
ultimately had to file away some of the sides of the center top piece to
get the side pieces to come in close enough.  Maybe I did something wrong.
But, it certainly all fits just fine now.

Jay Laifman