Re: What Headers

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What Headers
From: Jim Parent <jparent@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:22:19 -0800 (PST)
I too, bought SS headers.  They fit my stock heads just fine but when
I switched to Windsor Jr.'s I had to use small-headed header bolts and
even make a custom socket  for two plug locations.  The issue is the
specific port location relative to the plug holes and angles.

Also, if you can get to look at different types of headers then make
sure the tubes are not pinched as the make the first turn out of the
head flange.  Some of mine look quite pinched.

Lastly, my remote oil filter fitting (stock out of the question, Ford
90 degree not even close)touches a header tube.  I don't like that
since I gotta be heating the oil.

I am working to resolve the interference issues as time permits but
the SS works fine and were on my motor on the dyno when it generated
325/325.

Regards,

Jim
B9470139