Re: inquiry 021799a

To: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 021799a
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:02:46 -0800

"Wright, Larry" wrote:

> John Crawley wrote:
> >I replaced the clock with one from a '65 Volvo. It is the same age,
> same
> >diameter, close in looks, has jewels and brass gears inside, starts on
> its
> >own, and is accurate all day long. But then my attitude is a little
> >different . . . the TIGER is to drive and the clock is to tell time by.
>
>         This post, and the several about putting new "guts" in a clock,
> got me thinking. Most of us wear wristwatches, don't really need a
> clock. I would imagine it would be possible to put innards from another,
> non-clock, instrument .........
>
> Lawrence R. Wright

Larry,

What we really need is an electronic "Fox Finder" to alert us to a comely
attraction.  Of course calibration to meet exacting standards is a
necessity.

My air-fuel ratio meter is handy, colorful, and also comes in a round faced
instrument.

A radar detector screen, behind black glass, would be a useful sneak.

How about a road ice detector?  Wouldn't work here in Southern California,
but there may be other places  {9->.  Actually I have a VDO outside
temperature gauge that senses road temp in my custom made car.  Usually is
stuck somewhere around 105 F.

A boost gauge would be nice, even if just for looks.  Could use the vacuum
end and let the other end be for show.

How about a cheap plastic disk, with a chrome rings and that butt ugly
Rootes Dog(?).  I understand that might be popular.

Any other brilliant uses for an empty hole begging to be filled?

{9->

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >