Re: Fuel pump leaks

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Fuel pump leaks
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:00:04 EST
What's the deal about leaky fuel pumps in jets.  TWA
doesn't care, especially on their overseas flights with 747's.

I remember flying props when they all leaked oil.  Or as
the English say - controlled seepage.

Last summer I caught a ride in a B-25 that was leaking
so much oil that the there were catch pans under the
engines to keep the tarmac clean.  The pilot said,
It leaking about 1 gals per hour.  We got a 6 gal oil
tank so we're good for 6 hours flight time.

I bet Farmer Brown's wife enjoyed the oily sheen
on her was hanging outside to dry.

Great flight.  Followed it with a 30 minute ride in a
Ford Tri-motor.  Nothing like being in the air with Ford
power.  Especially in my Tiger.