RE: Fuel pump leaks/no tiger content/ but a moral/ NASCAR

To: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Subject: RE: Fuel pump leaks/no tiger content/ but a moral/ NASCAR
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:39:00 -0500
At 09:16 AM 2/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>One thing that you can do to provide an automatic shutoff is to wire an oil
>pressure switch so that it turns off the fuel pump when there is no oil
>pressure. Even an injected engine will run for a few seconds on the residual
>pressure in the fuel rail, and a carbureted engine will idle for at least a
>minute on the float bowl contents.
>
>Theo Smit
        I normally turn on the ignition and run the
electric fuel pump for a while before I start my Tiger
or Alpine.  With the oil pressure switch you would have to
crank the motor to get the fuel pump to work (build up
oil pressure to activate switch).  Might as well go back
to a manual pump.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others