Re: Fuel pump switch/Gas Cap

To: Gary A Winblad <gary_winblad@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel pump switch/Gas Cap
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:34:49 -0800
Gary,

I looked - You are right, of course. Before Dale A. restored my car, in
fact for quite some time before, that equalizer tube was a vent tube. Don't
know how long it was that way, but I assumed that's the way it was supposed
to be. Thanks for educating me.

Ta, ta for now,

Bob

At 08:25 PM 2/21/99 -0800, Gary A Winblad wrote:
>I don't think so, Bob...
>Look again, the tube equalizes the tanks but tee's in inside the
>cap.  There is a small hole inside the cap and that vents it
>to the outside air.  If the hole gets plugged (or if there IS a
>defective valve or something  inside the cap) you have a sealed system.
>Add hot sun and you could build up ALOT of pressure in the tanks.
>
>Gary

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com