True Tiger story

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: True Tiger story
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:03:03 EST
Jim Roberts of Nashville, IN purchased his white MK II
from Jerry Miller also from Nashville.  Jerry was an
Indiana State Cop who sold the Tiger so he could buy a
Genuine 289 Cobra.  This was back when Cobras were
cheap.

Jim really liked his car.  The only problem was that the
speedo didn't work.  One day he was taching along I65
about 4000 RPM when he gets zapped by a state cop
hiding behind an overpass.  Sure enough out come the
bear with his lights and siren.

Jim pulled over and the cop walked up.

'How fast do you think you were going?'. asked the officer.

'I don't know.  My speedo is broken.  Look officer, I just got
the car from another state cop and he told me that I would
never have to worry about getting a ticket in it.'

'What!  Who was this officer?'

'Jerry Miller of the Bloomington barracks'.

The officer then took Jim license and registration back to his
cruiser.  After a some time he returned.  He gave Jim his
license and registration back, but NO ticket.  He said,

' Please take it little slower out here.  And NEVER let it be
said that the Indiana State Police do not keep their word.'