Re: Strange noise

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Strange noise
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:57:41 -0600
Jeff:

I'd bet money on the fact that your release bearing is going south on you.
One of my long time Tiger friends has just gone through the very same thing
with his Mk1.  His car developed that same high pitched squeal momentarily
when he let out his clutch.

You mentioned that the clutch was fairly new in the car but you didn't say
anything about the release bearing.  Even if it is a new one, unfortunately
they can still be bad.  I hope it hasn't been making that noise for too
long...buy the time my buddy got his apart it had ruined the fingers on the
pressure plate.  You might want to check it out before it's too late or you
may be looking at another new pressure plate.

Best of luck,
Andy Walker