Re: Traction Bars

To: CAtkisson@aol.com
Subject: Re: Traction Bars
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 23:45:55 EST
When I had my rear springs rearched  (worked perfectly,  Who
needs new springs), I removed the Traction  bars to have them
straightened as they had the typical Tiger bend.  The spring
shopman had a good laugh.

Why these are aluminum.  What good are they?   They might
as well make them out of rubber.

I straightened them are reinstalled with new SS bushings.
The shop foreman said that the whole traction bar setup on the
Tiger was completely wrong, but given the amount of room was
probably the best anyone could come up with.  He advised that
the straight axle Vets  (57-62)  had the same problem.  The
solution was simple.  Make the second spring as long as the
primary.  Has anyone tried this??