Re: Slave Cylinder

To: FrizBMG@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slave Cylinder
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:10:57 EST
In a message dated 3/6/99 4:00:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, FrizBMG@aol.com
writes:

<< The bell housing needs holes drilled and
 tapped to accept the smalleared early (260 style) because most 6 bolt bells
 are set up for big eared,later 289/302 trannys. >>

While you are drilling holes for the narrow ear top loader, you also should
weld something on the back side to beef it up. Tom Hall welded aluminum dowel
onto the backside of my bell housing, which we then drilled and tapped. This
has worked out very well. I have also heard of people welding flat, nut plates
which also makes sense. One other thing, when you get your new slave bracket,
consider welding reinforcing ribs to the piece to prevent flexing,
particularly if you run a heavy duty clutch.
Mike