Shelby new/old Cobras

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shelby new/old Cobras
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:01:14 -0500
Due to a CIA problem(not only can't they come in from the cold, they
can't even bring their servers in from the cold) me and Netscape  have
been separated 24 hours, but...

Thanks, Bo, for the kind words. I see that we are all taking advantage
of the Shelby love/hate group at no additional charge to the Tiger
subscribers.

No, Virginia, there is no Santa, and it gets worse. Old Shel didn't find
30 year old frames and V.I.N. plates  in a chicken coop on Figueroa. He
just rediscovered McCluskeys welding equipment. Frankly, if the new
Cobras include a McCluskey backbone, that’s wonderful.I think the hobby
and the charity would have benefited more from being up front about the
new/old car and lowering the asking price.

So, for those of you in the market for a new Cobra, now you have Shelby,
and I think AC is doing rolling chassis again. And as Bo knows, your
third choice could be a REAL 1966-67 427 Cobra.

I hope everyone saw the April/May issue of Sports Car International,with
the
article on the Superformance Cobra clone from South Africa, and their
sublet work for AC Cars.

Lastly, I think Ford is still claiming ownership of the Cobra trademark,
and I know they have a right to hang on to trademarks.But, as I’ve said
before, Michael Jackson owns the rights to many Beatles songs, and he
doesn’t run around calling himself Paul McCartney.

In a perfect world, the Cobra name would reside solely with Ol’Shel, bad
boy that he occasionally is.