Re: O.D. Top loader

To: "Parlee, Brad (IndSys,SLS)" <brad.parlee@indsys.ge.com>
Subject: Re: O.D. Top loader
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:03:14 -0500
At 08:32 AM 3/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>If I happen to be looking at a top loader, what would it say on it to
>indicate an overdrive model?
>Unfortunately they are probably all "big eared" up front right?
>
>The SOS at st. Helens was a great success thanks to everyone who made it
>happen.  Its amazing how many Sunbeams come out of the woodwork that I've
>never seen before.
Brad,
        My clue (that I didn't understand) was that the "3rd"
gear was much smaller (21 teeth) than the Tiger II which had 25
teeth.  Otherwise look at he tag for a
RUGBP  LGO
07RAA  1048
That is what is on mine.

The tail shaft was also 1 1/2" shorter than the Tiger and the
speedometer drive comes off the bottom of the shaft.
A Tiger shifter will not fit as there is no notch in the
tail piece casting.

Mine has "big ears" just like the Tiger II transmission.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others