Re: Alum. Alloy V8 for sale

To: "Armand & Lorie Ritchie" <ritchie@mcn.org>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alum. Alloy V8 for sale
From: "Lauri Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 08:55:18 -0800
For those who maybe interested .....this engine is the Least desirable of
the 215's available.  This is the 1961 Old's F-85 block.  The extra head
bolt on the bottom side of the cylinder you would think was an improvement,
but it was actually a problem with blowing head gaskets....because the walls
are so thin there.

Best block for this engine are the late 80's and on Rover blocks because
they made some improvements in the block's rigidity, and main cap
alignments...

if anyone is intereste in what these little engines can do, check out RPI
Engineerings web page.  I don't have the link handy..

Rich

(Got a new job , and have way to busy to read any of the Sunbeam stuff.
starnage though...Even though there are 10 times more Alpines made, the list
ratio has been at 36:1 in favor of the Tiger side.    just seemed odd to me.
I have 10 Alpine messages 362 tiger ones to go through!  Geez.....Is this
ALL Laifmans fault? )

8-)