RE: Transmission ID

To: "'Bob Palmer'" <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>,
Subject: RE: Transmission ID
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 08:38:46 -0700
Jim, Bob,

What I was trying to say (and I guess I didn't do it right) was that if the
final drive and tire size weren't changed, then you could re-use the speedo
drive gears from the old transmission in the new one. Or, if you know what was
in the old transmission, you could install equivalent parts in the new one.

But what do I know? My speedo reads about 50% high, and the odometer about 25%
high. I need to take a trip to the Laifman speedo shop, obviously. His method
will determine without fail whether or not you have the right gears in the
transmission. Whether the speedo does the right thing with that input is another
matter entirely.

Good news! I was able to drive in with the top down this morning.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705