AC Frua 428

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: AC Frua 428
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:00:43 -0800 (PST)
Spotted this ad in the Snakebite Bulletin, the National SAAC bi-monthly
advertiser.  If interested please contact the the owner, not me.

   AC Frua 428, #CF 63.  British Racing Green/black leather; orig alum
   Wheels; 1st registered 8/71; good to perfect condition; engine &
   gearbox missing- new ones can be fitted at xtra cost:  $35,000 US, DM
   62,000.  Martin Drengenberg, Schlickerpark 85, D-59399 Olfen, Germany
   phone 49-231-1482 15, fax 49-231-1482 16 or phone 49-172-2752 427 fax
   49-2595-971 371, email: drengenberg@t-online.de

For those of you not familiar with the AC FRUA 428, they were something
of a variation on the 427 Cobra.  When Carroll Shelby stopped Cobra
production in the late '60s, AC Cars built some additional cars on the
same chassis, but with bodies designed by Frua.  There was a coupe and a
convertible version.  The motors used were 428 cid Ford V8s, the same
motors that Shelby himself put in many of his "427" Cobras.  I'm
guessing the gearboxes would have been Ford toploaders, also used in 427
Cobras.

Roland