Re: Oil filter adapter

To: Alpdavegre@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil filter adapter
From: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:16:02 -0700 (PDT)
  Good morning Dave,

    The large nut goes into the filter, If you are doing gasket's do the
filter at the same time, its always a mess. If you get the 3/4 top line
loose, use a large syringe with a hose on the end to stick down into the
hole that the line was in and suck out some oil, that way when you loosen
the filter it wont drool oil all over.

 If memory serves a 36mm wrench fits perfect on the large nut, find the mm
wrench as the 1 7/16 is alittle loose on it. The large nuts are the same
size top and bottom. I would try spraying some WD 40 around the nut and
the seal on the oil filter, let it sit for a day then go at it. My
aluminum piece has pipe wrench evidence on it from past owners. If you
can get both top lines off I would put the assembly in a vise,(use wood
blocks) and use either a 36mm socket or wrench to get it loose. Rick at
Sunbeam Specialties has the gasket's.
 Good luck
Bill