inquiry 043099b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 043099b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:39:01 -0400
        I'm wavering in my resolve to run the Garage Queen without a
brake servo; various Listers recommend the Midland unit. I found the
following, Karp's in California, on the 'Net. Anyone have experience
with these guys? Or alternative sources other than Very Bad? I'm _way_
over budget, price is becoming an issue here.

http://www.resleeve.com/

        I won't have another installment of "Underneath" for a week or
two, as I'll be in San Diego for a week, and anyway I've been stalled on
the project. I'm supposed to get the crossmember and A-arms back from
the welder tomorrow morning and I'll immediately take them to get
powdercoated. New completion date will be 06/01/99 or _later_,
AAAAARRRGGGH!
        BTW, on the recent CAT issue, although a member since 1991, I'm
too remote to have 1st-hand knowledge of the problems (even though it
seems to have been going on some time; the very first posts I read after
subscribing to the List in 1995 were from an individual unhappy with
event management). My suggestion about merging the clubs into a national
organization was not intended to directly address the specific issue at
hand, but perhaps to strengthen enjoyment of the marque overall. Please
do not read anything into it that was not written there.
        Also BTW, although it is usually considered bad form to post a
message privately received to the List, I understand and support Jan's
decision to do so. The message he got in response to his post was, in
both content and presentation, more fitting on the Hyundai Accent
chat-room, and I would have reacted in exactly the same way.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)