Servos

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Servos
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:06:09 -0700

Larry asked about servos for his car.  About 5 years ago, I bought the
servo from VB instead of SS because it was cheaper AND it came with a
mounting kit at the lower price.  I later learned that even though they
look pretty much identical from the outside, they had different boost
levels.  The VB one was 1.9:1.  The SS one was about 2.3:1.  I wrote to
Lockheed and they suggested a third, which had the ratio of 3:1, which I
believe is supposed to be the stock ratio.  The only problem with the
suggested one was that the only place I could find it was through Jaguar
suppliers and it was over $300.  I have the part numbers at home.  If you
want them, let me know.

I said they looked "pretty much identical" because the VB one had two studs
out the back, and the SS one had three.  I don't know if this is relevant
to the boost ratio.  But, thought I would mention it.

Oh, one more thing, the mounting kit from VB was useless.

Jay