Servos

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Servos
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 08:34:20 -0700

For those of you that asked, my letter from AP Lockheed, of September 21,
1993, about my 1967 SV said:

"The vehicle was originally fitted with a Girling servo, part number
64049126.  AP Lockheed's recommendation as an equivalent to this servo is
part number LE10117."

The servo I bought from VB had instructions that had charts on applications
and ratios:

Full Kit # - Servo only # - boost
LE10117 - LR18221 - 3.00:1 - Recommended one
LE15741 - LR17792 - 2.30:1 - SS one
NLA         - LR17813 - 1.90:1 - VB one

They list the following cars with each:

Recommended one:  Alfa Romeo Berlina, Saloon, Spider Veloce & Coupe, AH
3000, Aston Martin Lagonda, Jaguar XK 120, 140 and 150, Ford Corsair 120E,
MGC, Rover 80,94,100.

SS one: Ford Cortina, Sunbeam Alpine SII, Sunbeam Rapier, Hillman Husky,
Super Minx, Hunter, Avenger, Triumph Spitfire, Triumph Vitesse, 2liter
Saloon and Convertible, Cortina Lotus, Reliant Scimitar, Vauxhall, Volvo
P1800

VB one: Mini 1275 GT and Mini Cooper S

I will point out however, that they list a fourth servo which has the same
boost ratio as the VB one - 1.9:1, that is suggested for:
Hillman Imp, Hillman Minx, TR3, TR4, Sprigets, Mini Cooper (not S or GT),
Ford Capri, and MGA.

Hope this helps.

Jay