Re: Intake Manifolds -Reply

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Intake Manifolds -Reply
From: Daniel Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:24:02 -0500
>Thanks for taking the time to compile this info for us. Could you comment
>on where you think the F4B would rank relative to the other intakes you
>list? I realize, as you point out, that the peak HP numbers are somewhat
>simplistic and the area under the curve, especially between the shift
>points, is a better basis for comparison. Also, I assume your comment about
>the Stealth and RPM means you think they would be better in every respect
>than any of those on the list?

I have no direct eperience with the F4B so I can't really comment.
My comment is that I would expect the RPM and Stealth to be at least
as good or better than the Cobra high rise dual plane.  They may not be
as good as the best single planes (from mid-range up) on a higher
compression engine with decent heads and exhaust.  I do know an
autocrosser with a decently modified 302 that runs the Stealth and likes
it.  He chose it over the RPM because it appeared to slightly larger plenum
and runners.  He chose it over a single plane since low rpm throttle response
is important to him.

Sounds like we need to round a few intakes and strap someone's Tiger
to a dyno jet.  That's what we're doing with a friend's TR8.  He's got two
of my intakes, his own, and a vendor's.  It will be interesting to see how
things compare.

Dan Jones