Re: Intake Manifolds -Reply

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Intake Manifolds -Reply
From: Daniel Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:05:45 -0500
>Thanks for the manifold tech data.  It will go into my ever-growing file
>of organized list responses that appear to have general interest.  This
>is for the Tiger web site I am planning for the list, and whoever.

When I get a chance, I'll type in all the numbers for each manifold.
Data points were taken at 500 rpm steps.

>I recall s tale about the original Benevides Cobra high rise being the
>"TIGER" LAT option until Vic Edelbrock convinced them to let him try his
>"new" F4B".  He bolted it on at the track and the performance
>enhancement in real use changed the LAT option from then on to the F4B.
>The Performer RPM is the much improved modern version of that manifold,
>with nearly the same height..  Some real life (if old) experience.

I wouldn't be surprised to find the RPM is an F4B.  Several other
Edelbrock manifolds have turned out to be old manifolds reintroduced.
A friend recently found out the new RPM intake for the 427 Ford is
the same as the F427 he already has.   Other intakes have turned out
to be entirely new like the RPM for the 351W.   I did check on the
Torker versus Torker II for the small block Ford.  Two different
manifolds.  The early one was an x-type with twisted carb base.
Not a good intake.  The Torker II is a re-design.

Dan Jones