generator wiring - help!!!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: generator wiring - help!!!
From: "Schotland" <gary@schotland.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:54:03 -0400
I'm hoping somebody out there can help me out with some info.
I'm finishing
up a major rebuild and reconnecting the wiring at the back of the
generator has me slightly puzzled.

I see that there is a large yellow and brown wire with a large
I.D. eyelet that looks like it gets connected to the large post on the
back of the generator (Armature).  There is a smaller green and
brown with a small eyelet that looks like it gets connected to the
Field screw post on the side of the generator.  There is a black wire
with small eyelet that looks like it gets connected to the Ground
post on the generator.  The question is this.  Am I right so far?
Also, there are two black wires (ground???) in a single large I.D.
eyelet that I'm not quite sure of where they go.  It looks like they
might get captured under the bolt head mounting the ballast
resistor to the fender strut.  Is this right?  I can't really see it in any
of the pics posted on the web and can't really find a discussion of it
anywhere.

Thanks,

Jim Donaldson
B9470237