Re: generator wiring - help!!!

To: gary@schotland.com
Subject: Re: generator wiring - help!!!
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 23:25:02 EDT
Having just put bearings and brushes in my generator
I can say that you have your wiring connected right.

On my MK IA the black wire (attached to 'G" ground)
runs to the front mounting bolt of the ballast resistor.
Another set of black ground wire run from the wiring
harness and grounds at the same bolt.

The rebuild made a terrific difference.  My voltmeter
shows up to 14.2 volts at the generator.  The battery
was dead and represented a full load.  I hope the
once charged the regulator would reduce that back.
to something more reasonable (like near 13 v),
otherwise I risk boiling my battery.

So far no problem and my Lucas headlights are white
instead of pale yellow.

Dave Johnson

Gary are you goind to SUNI.  If so how and when.
Perhaps I could join in and make it a parade.