Re: 351 heat problems

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 351 heat problems
From: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:45:46 -0400

Chris S. Mottram@ECCI
05/13/99 09:45 AM

Jim Wrote:
"Previously had an air dam that extended from the lip behind the
bumper down to within 3" of the ground.  Had rounded openings to allow air
to get to the stock TigerII oil cooler.  This dropped the temperature a
good 15 degrees when running.  However it wore out and I no longer have the
Air dam.  Was made of
a sheet of 3/8" plastic.  This air dam also had a major impact on
stability.  No more
"floating" above 130 mph, solid as if I were doing 55 Mph."

My Tiger "floats" at 70mph.  Did you see any improvement at lower speeds?
Was is very noticeable?  I see lots of new cars with various black plastic
airdams underneath that I don't think would look too bad under a Sunbeam.
Has anyone found a nice looking airdam in a junkyard that is a reasonable
fit?  I don't ever want to see 130 mph on my speedo unless I push the
needle there with my finger :-)

Chris