Re: Stripped ...

To: TSmit@novatel.ca, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stripped ...
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 23:48:56 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/99 9:37:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, TSmit@novatel.ca
writes:

<< On that topic, what's the word on Canton oil pans? Are they any good?
Anyone use
 theirs or a different major brand? >>
Theo-
I have a number of friends who run Canton pans and seem to like them just
fine for road racing/open track and drag racing. I think any pan which has
baffles or "trap doors" to keep oil around the pump pickup should suffice.
Also, Ford Racing Performance Parts or FRPP (formerly known as SVO) has 302
windage trays available for a decent price. A couple of my friends fabricated
sheet metal crank scrapers (bolted to the main studs) which also help with
oil "roping" for about 85 cents!
Mike